192.168.1.1 is the default gateway address of different router brands such as JioFi, D-Link, TP-Link etc. It is used to access the Admin Panel of the router get access to the settings of the router such as LAN, WAN, WLAN, MAC, WPS block, ADSL, DSL, IP QoS, DNS, Proxy and Network Management settings and make changes to those settings.
How to login to 192.168.1.1?
To login to 192.168.1.1, follow these steps. Make sure that you are connected to the router and the default IP address of your router is 192.168.1.1.
- Open your web browser.
- In the URL bar, type 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
- A login page with the branding of your router’s company will appear. You will be asked to enter the login username and password to continue to the Admin Panel of the router.
- Enter the login username and password to continue. If you haven’t changed the login credentials then enter the default username and password to continue. You can find the default username and password on the box of the router or in the manual of the router or you can also search for it over the internet.
- Once you enter the correct login credentials i.e username and password, you will be logged to the Admin Panel of your router through 192.168.1.1. You can make the required changes to the settings from there.
In case you are unable to access the admin panel of the router through 192.168.1.1, you should:
- Make sure that you are typing the correct IP address in the address bar. Sometimes there can be typing errors due to which you are not able to access the Router’s admin panel.
- Make sure that the default gateway address of your router is 192.168.1.1. The default IP address of your router may be other than 192.168.1.1 due to which you are not able to access the admin panel on the given address.