Porting your Number or Transferring your Number is taking your existing phone number from one provider and take it to another provider of your choice. To put this in simple words, you are transferring your existing phone number from one provider to the other provider of your choice.
Reliance Jio has the highest value to offer to its customers and for this reason, more and more users from different providers want to switch to a Reliance Jio connection so, they can get the best offers available.
So, if you are a customer who wants to switch to the Reliance Jio network without losing your existing number then you can do so by porting-in your existing number to Reliance Jio Network.
How To Port In Existing Number to Jio?
To port your existing number to Reliance Jio network, follow these steps:
- From your existing mobile number, type an SMS, “PORT <10-digit mobile number>” and send it to 1900.
- You will receive a confirmatory SMS containing the UPC(Unique Porting Code) along with its expiry date.
- Head over to the nearest Jio Retailer or Reliance Jio Store. Make sure that you have the UPC code and your original Aadhaar card or original Proof of Address(POA) / Proof of Identity(POI) documents with you.
- Once the porting-in process is completed, you will be able to use the Reliance Jio services while retaining your existing mobile number.
You should keep in mind that:
- If you have any pending dues on a post-paid plan with your existing service provider then you should clear those pending dues before porting your number to Jio.
- As per the regulations of the Government of India, porting-in within the same telecom circle will take about 3 working days for your number to be activated and porting-in to other telecom circles will take up to 5 working days for your number to be activated, however, your current services won’t be interrupted in the intervening period.
- All the Port in requests from Jammu & Kashmir, Assam & North East customers will take about 15 working days to be processed and in the meantime, your current services won’t be interrupted in the intervening period.