The default name of most of the Wi-Fi networks is almost the same for a specific company and people prefer to change the name of their network to a name of their own choice and likings. For most of the networks and device including those from JioFi, changing the Network Name (SSID) is really easy and you can do it in just a few moments.
Change JioFi Network Name (SSID)
To change the name (SSID) of your JioFi Network, follow these steps:
- Turn on the JioFi Wi-Fi Device.
- Connect to the JioFi Network from your PC.
- Open a web browser and go to http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1. (Default gateway address for JioFi Routers)
- A login window will appear asking you to enter the login username and password.
- The default username for JioFi routers is “administrator” and the default password is also “administrator”. (case-sensitive)
- You will be now logged in into the Admin Panel of the JioFi Router.
- Now, go to Network > Wi-Fi Configuration.
- Change the name of the Wi-Fi Network by typing a new name in the given field.
- Click on Save.
- The name (SSID) of your network would now have been changed and you might have to reconnect to the network.